Thursday 16 July 2009

Curl products: Tigi Catwalk Curls Rock, reviewed

bedhead-bottlesA few days ago I announced my intention to use and review some of the curly hair specific products gathering dust in my drawer. Summer's a good time to do this, since walking around with naturally-drying wet hair doesn't necessarily result in instant pneumonia and icicles hanging from one's forelock.

So - Curls Rock Shampoo, Conditioner and Curl Amplifier. There are more products in the range (Curl Booster and Leave-in Moisturiser, I believe) but this trio is what I'll be assessing for you today. Click through for a firm but fair appraisal - and a picture of my "rocked" curls.



The shampoo and conditioner are thick and creamy, with a fresh and fruity bubble-gum-like scent. The lather is thick and plentiful, and the conditioner does a good job of coating the hair. It's quite thick, so it could lead to heaviness and build-up if like me your hair is fine rather than thick and wiry. If you do have unruly "big" curls however, it's likely to be the calming influence you need in your (follicular) life.

So washing and rinsing done, I have a head of damp curls that feel moisturised and smell charmingly like a school tuck shop. This should be, according to Tigi's regime, where the two other products come in, but instead I'm substituting Booster and Moisturiser with a dose of Tigi BedHead Girl Toys serum instead. Just one or two drops, combed through.

Next, Amplifier. It's a creme in a handy pump dispenser, and is recommended as the final step before drying. "1 or 2 pumps" are recommended, so I comb 2 through my shoulder length hair to be on the safe side, evenly distributing. There's that same fruity scent too.

beadhead-faceAfter half an hour air-drying my hair, which I've coiled and scrunched with my fingertips to give it a helping hand, I have a head full of well-defined curls. They don't have the same silky texture of my straightened hair. I think maybe 1 pump of the slightly sticky Curl Amplifier might have been enough. There's hold, I cannot deny. But I feel a tiny bit crunchy. And a tiny bit fruity too.

Verdict - as the Super Furry Animals sang, "I'm not in love with you, but I won't hold that against you". Shampoo and Conditioner, I will grant you rotation in my haircare cycle. Maybe you'll come out once every couple of weeks. Amplifier - you I'm less sure about. Maybe used sparingly, you could add definition to the lengths of my hair. But 1 or 2 pumps is certainly too much for me. I'll recommend you to those with more robust, thick curls, though.

1 comment:

  1. rJjJiN yoltfohisscp, [url=http://maxftpltdeqx.com/]maxftpltdeqx[/url], [link=http://vgcaoponzyvk.com/]vgcaoponzyvk[/link], http://omhajsegpwxv.com/

    ReplyDelete