Sunday 2 August 2009

EOTD - yellow eyeshadow

Letting men have a say in makeup can result in some interesting outcomes - Specktra's Miss Pumpkin is one of the luckier ones. Wonky eyeliner, clown cheeks and Herman Munster brows are common results of amateur males let loose with traincases, if the livejournal communities I've browsed are anything to go by.

So when I asked my boyfriend what colour eyeshadow I should put on yesterday, I wasn't totally surprised when he pulled a mischevious face and said "Yellow!".

I'm not a piker though - it took about 10 minutes but I finally dug out my one yellow eyeshadow and got to work with it.

yellow-eotd1


Here's what I used:

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Ruby and Millie Eye Colour Yellow 220M
Illamasqua Yearn eyeshadow
MAC Fluidline (Blacktrack)
Maybelline Full'n'Soft mascara

Yellow eyeshadow - closeup of open eyes

I'm actually really pleased with this. (Apart from the wonky-looking eyeliner in the second picture - it was alright IRL.) The yellow brings out the green colour in my eyes, which I hoped it would. The green accent on the crease helps too.

No comments:

Post a Comment